KOA (Keep Our Assets Canterbury) is standing John Minto as a candidate for the Christchurch mayoralty. The Minto for Mayor campaign has begun well. Here are a few of links to the announcement:
We have received over $4,500 so far in donations but to run a credible campaign we hope to get to $20,000. Every dollar will be spent to maximise opportunities to get our key messages out and win support.
You can get the full details of our policies at www.mintoformayor.nz but here is a summary:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions with free and frequent public transport – the single most important thing Christchurch can do to fight climate change
- Future-proof our water supply and clean up our waterways
- Rebuild and improve council rental housing
- Pay the living wage as a minimum for council work
- Keep rate increases to the rate of inflation
- Reject proposals for the sale of our city assets
- Create a local zone in the city centre to showcase products and services created here in Canterbury
How can you help the Minto for Mayor campaign?
- Get involved in helping with leafleting, putting a small campaign sign on your fence etc.
- Make a donation to the campaign online:
Account Name: Keep our Assets Canterbury
Account No: 38 9016 0715351 00
Please include your name